Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- DOL NEWS—New Field Assistance Bulletin provides guidance on telework, the FLSA, and the FMLA
- DISCHARGE—S.D.N.Y.: Former market researcher’s fraudulent misrepresentation, ADA claims survive motion to dismiss
- DISCRIMINATION—AGE—Minn. Sup. Ct.: PIP and its surrounding circumstances support school employee’s disparate treatment-based constructive discharge claim
- DOL NEWS—Automaker to create additional lactation rooms, correct break policy for nursing mothers
- DOL NEWS—New WHD opinion letter addresses FMLA-covered entitlement to ‘reduced number of hours per day’
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—5 employer takeaways – and predictions – from Biden’s 2023 State of the Union
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—OSHA serves up a slice of confusion: Can an employer's pizza party workplace safety incentive program be ‘unreasonable’?
- LABOR—UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES—NLRB: Employer’s change in work schedules after employees selected union representation unlawful
- LITIGATION NEWS, TRENDS—Home health care company pays $9M to resolve EEOICPA, False Claims Act violations
- PENSION AND BENEFIT PLANS—10th Cir.: Effective vindication doctrine precludes mandatory arbitration of ERISA claims against ESOP fiduciaries
- PROCEDURE—NLRB: Board to re-consider cases where former Member Emanuel failed to disclose financial interests in sector mutual fund
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES—N.D. Ill.: Fired fire chief douses move for dismissal given possible ‘for cause’ protections
- WAGE HOUR—EXEMPTIONS—E.D. Mich.: Trial needed on whether MCA exemption foreclosed intra-state truck driver’s FLSA claim
- WORTH NOTING—Federal appeals court cases of note
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.