Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- FEDERAL LEGISLATION—President signs measure implementing national railway agreement, ending labor dispute, avoiding strike
- BENEFITS NEWS—New Jersey pension plan to receive $54.1M in special financial assistance
- COVERAGE, LIABILITY—E.D. Ark.: State university hiring official entitled to qualified immunity on FMLA claim
- DISCRIMINATION—AGE—D. Kan.: Printing company faces trial on ADEA claims of press worker laid off at age 67
- DISCRIMINATION—DISABILITY—D.N.J.: Port Authority officer, not cleared for duty following 52-day absence, fails to advance claim
- DISCRIMINATION—DISABILITY—N.D. Cal.: Public health nurse fired for refusing COVID-19 vaccine can’t advance ADA claims
- DISCRIMINATION—RELIGIOUS—D.N.J.: Hindu employee claiming harassment, discriminatory termination by proselytizing supervisor, advances claims
- DOJ NEWS—PR Education Department will promote guardsman, provide back pay to resolve alleged USERRA violations
- DOL NEWS—Employers pay $3.1M in back wages, damages for FLSA, H-2A violations
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—6 wage and hour compliance tips for healthcare employers
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—When an employee falls while fa-la-la'ing: Company sponsored ‘fun’ can be considered work!
- LABOR—UNIONS, UNION MEMBERS—S.D.N.Y.: Jewish professors fail in challenge to union’s exclusive representation status
- REMEDIES, DAMAGES—N.D. Ohio: Preliminary injunction denied in recruiting agency’s trade secrets dispute
- WORTH NOTING—Cases of note dealing with disability discrimination
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.