Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- COVERAGE, LIABILITY—Cal. App.: State appeals court leaves voter-approved app-based driver proposition largely intact
- ARBITRATION—D. Utah: Ending Forced Arbitration Act doesn’t bar arbitration of employees’ pretermination claims
- DISCRIMINATION—D.D.C.: Baseball scout fired after refusing COVID vaccine advances with retaliation, nonchallenged bias claims
- DISCRIMINATION—RELIGIOUS—W.D. Wis.: Claims of two healthcare employees fired for refusing COVID vaccine dismissed; third employee’s claim advances
- DOL NEWS—Public input sought on workforce mental health policies
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Finally, good news for California employers: Extension of good faith dispute defense for wage-and-hour penalties
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Is an OSHA workplace violence standard for the healthcare industry on the way?
- PBGC NEWS—Office of Inspector General makes recommendations to improve SFA review procedures
- PENSION AND BENEFIT PLANS—2d Cir.: Colgate miscalculated residual annuities based on an erroneous interpretation of its retirement plan
- REPORTS—Little increase in women’s representation in management positions; large pay gaps remain
- USERRA, VETERANS—Iowa Sup. Ct.: Veteran entitled to protections of veterans preference statute, including pretermination hearing
- WAGE-HOUR—EXEMPTIONS—M.D. Pa.: Calibration technician advances overtime claims due to dearth of exemption evidence
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.