Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- TOP STORY—U.S.: Biden Administration wins partial stay of preliminary injunction against Navy’s COVID-19 vaccination policy
- AGENCY NEWS—CMS extends nonenforcement policy for certain small group non-grandfathered policies
- DISCRIMINATION—AGE—C.D. Ill.: 56-year-old salesman replaced by 42-year-old advances ADEA claims
- DISCRIMINATION—DISABILITY—D. Colo.: No associational disability claim for office clerk fired two days after revealing father’s positive COVID test
- DISCRIMINATION—RACE—E.D. Penn.: Chick-Fil-A successful in dismissing training director’s race bias claim
- EMPLOYEE LEAVE—D. Md.: Employee disciplined after leaving job to be with wife during premature labor can’t advance FMLA claim
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Does the employment-related practices exclusion preclude a duty to defend for claims under Illinois BIPA?
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—No Jab, No Tell: Tennessee law prohibits action on COVID-19 vax status
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—SEC focus on ESG has expanded to workplace culture and sexual harassment investigations
- STATE-LAW CLAIMS—N.D.N.Y.: Walmart must face New York employee’s class action for untimely wage compensation
- USERRA, VETERANS—N.D. Ala.: Armed forces reservists prevail on paid leave benefits accrual claim against city employer
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.