Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- LABOR NEWS—President Biden calls on Congress to take action to avert national railway strike
- COVERAGE, LIABILITY—D. Conn.: Supervisor’s comment about teacher being ‘branded’ as gigolo could help establish knowledge of harassment
- DISCRIMINATION—RELIGIOUS—E.D. Wis.: LPN fired for refusing nursing home’s COVID testing requirement can’t advance accommodation claim
- EEOC NEWS—Employees to receive $634K in discrimination, retaliation settlements
- EEOC NEWS—Evangeline Hawthorne named director of the Miami District Office
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—5 ways to embrace neurodiversity in your workplace
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Effectively managing workforce contraction in turbulent times
- IMMIGRATION NEWS—Firearm manufacturer resolves citizenship status discrimination allegations
- LABOR—ARBITRATION—Ohio Sup. Ct.: Employee can’t be compelled to arbitrate tort claims arising from employment under terms of CBA
- LABOR—UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES—E.D.N.Y.: COVID-19 safety protests by Amazon worker constituted concerted protected activity
- ON THE LABOR FRONT—Will Connecticut law banning workplace captive audience meetings survive legal challenge?
- RETALIATION—N.D.N.Y.: Manager complained of age bias during investigation into his misconduct, jury could find his firing retaliatory
- RETALIATION—W.D.N.C.: Nurse anesthetist fired for tardiness and dishonesty failed to advance FLSA retaliation claim based on PTO policy complaints
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.