Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- SUPREME COURT NEWS—Justices scrutinize public accommodations law’s impact on website that refuses to announce gay marriages
- AGENCY NEWS—Tech company to pay $75M for South African bribery scheme
- DISCRIMINATION—DISABILITY—E.D. Mich.: FedEx driver demoted after requesting seatbelt extender advances state-law weight bias claim
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Does your company need a chief remote officer?
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Medical marijuana in your suitcase? How one basketball player's conviction raises concerns for employers
- HOUSE NEWS—Foxx and Fulcher say EEOC Strategic Plan misses the mark
- INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS—M.D. Tenn.: Faculty members disciplined for flyers about ‘racist’ colleague fail to advance constitutional claims
- LABOR—UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES—NLRB: Nurse who left OR during surgery unlawfully discharged under NLRA
- PROCEDURE—9th Cir.: District court improperly presumed irreparable harm in Section 10(j) injunction case
- RETALIATION—6th Cir.: City patrol officer fired for negative Facebook posts about county sheriff fails to advance First Amendment claim
- SAFETY—W.D. Pa.: Manufacturer of well-servicing equipment denied summary judgment in worker death suit
- STATE LEGISLATION—CALIFORNIA—Petition challenging California’s FAST Act receives more than 1M signatures
- WHITE-COLLAR CRIME—D. Conn.: Aerospace industry executives denied dismissal of labor market antitrust scheme indictment
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.