Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- TOP STORY—5th Cir.: Biden Administration again denied stay of preliminary injunction in Navy Seals’ COVID-19 vax religious objection suit
- CONTRACT CLAIMS—Wyo. Sup. Ct.: Blue pencil rule used to reform noncompete agreements is overruled in Wyoming
- DISCHARGE—1st Cir.: Jury could determine that Wayfair manager’s inquiry about severance package was not a resignation offer
- DISCRIMINATION—AGE—E.D. Pa.: Age bias claims survive summary judgment where employer gave changing reasons for the termination
- DISCRIMINATION—DISABILITY—E.D. Mich.: Manufacturing employee fired for refusing to come to work during pandemic can’t show smoking habit, pneumonia history were disabilities
- DISCRIMINATION—DISABILITY—S.D. Fla.: Sales director allegedly fired due to perceived COVID-19 infection advances ADA claim
- DISCRIMINATION—RACE—8th Cir.: Black assisted living facility employees, fired after abuse investigation, can’t revive race, retaliation claims
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Dear Littler: Is paying employees with cryptocurrency an option?
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Will Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson Treat Employers Well? The Magic 8-Ball Says: ‘Signs Point to Yes’
- IMMIGRATION NEWS—H-1B regular and master’s cap reached for FY 2022
- LABOR—UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES—D.C. Cir.: Employer gains split decision in challenge to NLRB findings it committed unfair labor practices
- LITIGATION NEWS, TRENDS—Justice Department weighs in on non-compete dispute involving Nevada anesthesiologists
- OSHA NEWS—Safety agency takes action against two serial violators, assesses $2.2M in fines
- SUPREME COURT NEWS—Denying certiorari, four Justices join ‘statement’ decrying state court’s ‘narrow view’ of religious education
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.