Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- TOP STORY—7th Cir.: Refusal to certify class in hiring bias lawsuit vacated
- DISCRIMINATION—RACE—M.D. Pa.: Human relations commission attorney advances retaliation claim, but not race-based hostile environment claim
- DOL NEWS—WHD secures $674K in back wages, damages from FLSA, DBRA violations
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Are you up-to-date on Federal, NYS, and NYC employment law changes for 2022?
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—New York City employers will soon be required to include salary ranges in job postings
- LABOR—NLRB WEEKLY SUMMARY—Weekly summary of NLRB decisions
- LABOR—UNIONS, UNION MEMBERS—N.D. Ill.: Unions denied injunction against vaccine mandate implemented by commuter rail service
- NLRB NEWS—Board looking again at work-rule standard, invites briefs
- PRIVACY—N.D. Ill.: Amazon worker advances BIPA claims over facial scans during COVID-19 wellness checks
- REMEDIES, DAMAGES—W.D. Okla.: State can’t preliminarily enjoin directives mandating vaccination of Guard members against COVID-19
- RETALIATION—D. Or.: Bank to face trial on teller’s claim she faced backlash for complaining about a customer’s sexual harassment
- STATE LEGISLATION—More than half of states to see minimum wage boost in 2022
- WAGE-HOUR—CLASS ACTIONS—E.D. Cal.: Court grants preliminary approval to $1.49M settlement for PAGA class action wage claims
- WORTH NOTING—Federal appeals court cases of note
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.