Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- TOP STORY—President poised to sign bill invalidating predispute mandatory arbitration agreements in sexual assault/harassment cases
- DISCRIMINATION—AGE—S.D. Ohio: Sam’s Club manager fired for ineffective handling of racial incident, not age
- DISCRIMINATION—SEX—E.D. Mich.: Lawsuit over city’s discriminatory use of female dispatchers to search female prisoners advances to trial
- DOL NEWS—$1.1M recovered in back wages and damages for FLSA violations
- EMPLOYEE LEAVE—S.D.N.Y.: Auditor with postpartum depression RIF’d one month after returning from leave can’t advance FMLA claims
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—A powerful 'one-two' punch: NLRB and DOL signal contractor classification crackdown
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Update on the 'remote work' problem: Where can I safely sit while practicing from my home state?
- LABOR—ARBITRATION—D. Ariz.: Arbitrator failed to make express finding that termination of employee was unreasonable
- NLRB NEWS—Board pledges to work closely with other agencies
- REMEDIES, DAMAGES—5th Cir.: Divided panel won’t reinstate Biden’s federal-worker vaccine mandate pending appeal
- STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVES—Experts discuss COVID-related employment issues, provide practical tips
- WAGE-HOUR—WORKING TIME—D. Kan.: Home healthcare nurses unable to show they were entitled to compensation for waiting time
- WORTH NOTING—Cases of note dealing with labor-management issues
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.