Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- DISCRIMINATION—DISABILITY—W.D. Okla.: Terminated drilling account manager with heart condition may proceed on disability claims
- ARBITRATION—M.D. Fla.: Delegation provision remained intact, applicable after void litigation limit severed from agreement
- DISCRIMINATION—AGE—M.D. Ala.: Plant employee purportedly fired for refusing to sit made out age bias claim
- DISCRIMINATION—RACE—E.D. Tex.: Caucasian animal control officer failed to show promotion denial was based on race
- DOL NEWS—Employer arrested after failing to provide information in FLSA investigation
- EEOC NEWS—Commission reaches settlements with two employers accused of sex discrimination
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Cal/OSHA and workplace violence prevention: What is an employer's duty under current standards and guidelines?
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Federal prosecutors offer incentives to self-report workplace misconduct: some practical tips and reminders for employers
- RETALIATION—S.D.N.Y.: NYC Council employee’s transfer to more distant office supports retaliation claims
- STATE LEGISLATION—NEW JERSEY—Governor signs legislation expanding rights and protections for temp workers
- STATE-LAW CLAIMS—Neb. Sup. Ct.: Teacher underpaid for several years could not recover for years prior to year when mistake was found
- WAGE-HOUR—CLASS ACTIONS—N.D. Iowa: Manufacturing employee’s attempt at class certification falls short
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.