Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- TOP STORY—D. Utah: Seventh Day Adventist applicant rejected for pilot job takes religious bias claims to trial
- AGENCY NEWS—DOL, HHS, and Treasury answer several FAQs about over-the-counter COVID test coverage
- DISCRIMINATION—NATIONAL ORIGIN—S.D.N.Y.: Latino Chanel employee, who speaks with accent and sometimes spoke Spanish at work, advances bias claims
- DOL NEWS—Employers pay $423K in back wages, damages to resolve FLSA violations
- EMPLOYEE LEAVE—E.D. Mich.: HR manager’s discouragement of FMLA leave bolstered furloughed employee’s claims
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—California: Wait a minute Mr. Postman: Arrival from the Labor Commissioner?
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—US Department of Labor to hire 100 new investigators in the Wage and Hour Division, signaling increased focus on enforcement
- LABOR—ARBITRATION—Transfer of employee from safety sensitive position following workplace incident improperly used as discipline
- LABOR—STRIKES, LOCKOUTS—N.D. Ind.: Minnesota union must face employer claims for its participation in Indiana activities
- NLRB NEWS—Judges Division releases updated Bench Book
- PROCEDURE—Cal. App.: ‘Relation back’ doctrine applies to amended complaint in employee’s suit under PAGA
- RETALIATION—S.D.N.Y.: Cement truck driver advances post-termination reprisal claims based on alleged threatening letter and blackballing
- TORT CLAIMS—Tex. App.: City’s failure to advise firefighter of right to request retest after failed drug test tainted discharge decision
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.