Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- SUPREME COURT NEWS—Justices ponder NLRA preemption in labor dispute in which union ‘intentionally’ destroys employer property
- ARBITRATION—Cal. App.: Hospital waived right to arbitrate individual claims alleging rest, meal break violations
- ARBITRATION—N.D. Cal.: Sales exec need not arbitrate declaratory action seeking to invalidate non-compete with former employer
- DISCRIMINATION—D.N.M.: Lack of specificity, context doom Navajo employee’s suit
- DISCRIMINATION—DISABILITY—D. Colo.: Evidence of ‘individual decisions’ allowed in first phase of bifurcated trial of EEOC’s pattern-and-practice lawsuit
- DISCRIMINATION—N.D. Tex.: Comparator evidence supports fired female sales manager’s sex bias claim
- DISCRIMINATION—RACE—5th Cir.: Former Exxon chemical plant trainee’s inadequate training claim failed on the facts
- DISCRIMINATION—RELIGIOUS—D. Or.: Worker offered mask accommodation to resolve COVID vaccine objection cannot advance religious bias claim
- DOD NEWS—Secretary of Defense rescinds COVID-19 vaccination mandate
- DOL NEWS—WHD nets $273K in back wages, damages from reported FLSA violations
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Long-awaited Fall Regulatory Agenda provides glimpse of Administration's regulatory goals
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—The death of non-compete agreements?
- RETALIATION—W.D. Va.: Liberty University secures summary judgment in retaliation case brought under wrong law
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.