Labor & Employment Law Daily Wrap Up
- DISCRIMINATION—DISABILITY—D. Kan.: No trial on ADA claims of asthmatic casino dealer fired for too many absences
- DISCRIMINATION—AGE—Cal. App.: Judgment for Fox Digital on editor’s age discrimination claim upheld on appeal
- DISCRIMINATION—RACE—S.D. Ala.: Two Black forklift operators terminated for sleeping on the job advance mixed-motive claims to trial
- DISCRIMINATION—S.D.N.Y.: VP allegedly fired for refusing to weed out older or female candidates advances claims
- DOL NEWS—Lawsuit filed against federal contractor that terminated employee with disability on approved leave
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—California employers face challenges under new law prohibiting retaliation during 'emergency conditions'
- EXPERT INSIGHTS—Supreme Court set to decide whether NLRA preempts state law claims for property damage caused during strikes
- FEDERAL REGULATIONS—DOL announces final rule amending H-2A visa program
- LABOR—ORGANIZING, ELECTIONS—NLRB: Causal connection found between employer’s unfair labor practices and employee’s decertification petition
- LABOR—UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES—NLRB: Employee’s claim employer refused to recall him for work time-barred under Section 10(b)
- OSHA NEWS—Agency cites Missouri contractor for trench collapse that killed worker
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES—Mo. Sup. Ct.: Missouri statute that mandates at-will employment of state employees lawfully restricts bargaining
- SENATE NEWS—Senators ask Starbucks for answers on ‘union-busting’ activities
© 2023 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.